Proper Introduction




Who am I?

Mamma. Wife. Artist. Book nerd. Military brat. Military wife. Lover of food.

Who are we?

A military family. God's beloved's. Photographers. Vlogger's. Traveler's. A family full of love, and a whole lot of laughs. We are a husband, wife, daughter, son & dog. We are the Cross family.

Why am I writing?

Well, I like to, first of all. I have many loves, and one of them is writing. So, in some ways this is a form of enjoyment for me. But also, I love memories. I went to Ireland with my mom right after I graduated from high school. I planned the entire thing out, spent a year working and saving for it, and it ended up being absolutely amazing. I took hundreds of photos, but, about a month after returning home, I had a friend who was planning their own trip to Ireland and wanted some details - but there were some things I couldn't remember.

Like, what was the name of that bed and breakfast we stayed at? What were those ruins we found when we got lost? How much was that ferry we accidentally ended up on?

Little details like that had already slipped my brain, and I was a little bit upset about it.

I wish I had written things down. I wish I had an account of the details - the little things that can make a difference when traveling, or budgeting, or even just making things. So that brings me to the next question.

What am I writing about?

 The simple answer - How my family and I do life.

The longer answer - I'm writing about how we travel with two small children. How we move every few years due to the military life. How we homeschool our children. How we create things. We are crafty. My husband is perfection in the kitchen, and I am a tornado. I like to design things, and my husband likes to build them for me. I'm putting down the details of what we've experienced, and how we've done things to hopefully help others. We aren't perfect, but we're us. And I like us. :)

Popular Posts