How to make Moana's Heart of Te Fiti

 If you are looking for how to make Moana's flower crown, click HERE!



Disney stuff isn't cheap. I think we all know that. So when you have a Disney obsessed child who loves the princesses and ALL THAT COMES WITH THEM - Sometimes you have to get creative. My three year old girl isn't picky, but she knows what's what. I can't just hand her a rock from the backyard and say, 'pretend'.

So here is my journey of making my little girl her very own Heart of Te Fiti. Excuse the crappy photo from Instagram above - it was a quicky, informal project for my daughter. I did it for free, but I know not everyone always has paint lying around, so here is what I used:


It is SO EASY you will kick yourself for not thinking of it.

This is how I did it, in five easy steps:

  1. First, I found a smooth(ish), Oval(ish) rock from the backyard.  Then I washed it.
  2. Once it was nice and clean, I painted it white, back and front. Let it dry. If it needs another coat, then let it have another coat. The white will help brighten the green when its applied.
  3. Once the white is dry, you are ready for the green. Paint the whole thing green. Again, if it needs another coat to cover the white, then add another coat. 
  4. Once that has dried, you are going to squirt some white into a paint tray (or cup or paper plate or whatever you have at your disposal) and carefully paint the Heart's designs onto the green rock. I simply looked up a picture of the Heart of Te Fiti on google and did my best to copy the symbols. I've had no complaints from my daughter, so it must be acceptable. 
  5. After your white Heart of Te Fiti symbols have dried, then you are going to open up the glow in the dark paint. Give it a good shake, and then do the same thing you did for the previous step. Squirt some on a paint tray, and then trace over all of the white symbols you made on your rock with the glow paint. Give it a few coats to get a superior glow!

Popular Posts